The Brand Manager will be responsible for managing his/her brands in the Canadian market. Under the supervision of the Category Director, he/she will oversee their entire portfolio and work with sales teams across the provinces.
- Develop and maintain supplier-client relationships in a "Best in Class" practice
- Preparation of business plans for each product line - financial, strategic and tactical
- Management of budget objectives and follow-ups - sales, margins and promotional investments
- Management of products related to financial cycles to ensure profitability, increase volume and market shares
- Regular and promotional price management for all customers across Canada
- Establish promotional calendar and management of all marketing activities
- Follow-up of objectives set for each major account across Canada - sales, referrals, distribution, promotions, marketing, promotional investments, etc.
- Store visits - evaluation of merchandising, competition, prices, promotions, innovations, rotation, etc.
- Accompany the major account managers for business reviews
- Negotiate and follow-up with suppliers of promotional opportunities, purchase volumes, marketing expenses, etc.
- Managing agencies for different marketing services when needed
- Determine and adjust sales forecasts in support of the supply
- Monitor the expiration dates of the products and the implementation of action plans if necessary
- Ensure all communications with supplier-customers and national sales teams
- All other related tasks
- University degree in Administration and/or Marketing
- Minimum 2 years experience in product management (preferably food)
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, both oral and written (asset)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- A great ability to understand and oversee the details of managing his/her brands well
- Be result-oriented
- Able to react quickly and make decisions
- A great sense of ownership and a sense of belonging
- A creative and dynamic spirit
- A sense of organization and analysis
- A natural negotiator
- A great team player
- Leadership and demonstrated abilities for teamwork in a context of inter-functional responsibilities
- Master statistical methods and several notions in management
- Considerable availability and excellent organizational / interpersonal skills
- Know how to work effectively in a variety of situations and with different individuals by constantly assessing priorities
- Very good analytical and financial management skills
- Great autonomy and sense of initiative
- Excellent in problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good listening skills
Full-time and permanent office work. The regular work week is 37.5 hours, from 8:30 to 17:00. Work that can be done under pressure during peak periods and may require flexibility on occasion.